1. We gladly welcome visits to our home, from future adopters that have placed a deposit, but only at the time of go-home (8 weeks old). People that have placed a deposit have priority on our wait list. Therefore, visits to our home are limited to trusted adopters that have placed a deposit with us. This helps eliminate "puppy shoppers" from walking through large kennels and then coming into our home....possibly bringing sickness or disease along with them on their clothing and shoes. You'll find that good and caring breeders will often have a visitation policy in place for the protection of their puppies & dogs, limiting unnecessary exposure.
2. Picks are made at 7 weeks old by photos and video. We send personality profiles, Volhard results, and Vet exam forms to help guide you. We will give you our opinion on each puppy's growing personality too. If you can't make a choice at 7 weeks or if we can't reach you, we will choose a puppy for you. Pick up is at 8 weeks old and no sooner. We follow CDC and AKC guidelines for safety. No early visits for the safety of our puppies and family.
3. If you wish to reserve a puppy, we require a non-refundable deposit. Your deposit holds your place for a puppy. If you have to cancel for any reason or there is no puppy for you, your deposit will be moved to a future litter. Your deposit is applied to the full price of the puppy. We take deposits to ensure organization of interested adopters. This also helps us breed responsibly so that our puppies are ensured homes BEFORE conception or birth. If for some reason you need to cancel, please notify us and your deposit will be moved to the next litter if requested. We will hold the price we quoted you for up to one year. Our puppies are $4,000 and up. Once a deposit is placed on a puppy, that puppy is no longer available. Contact us BEFORE you place a deposit to get our address and to make sure that we have room to take your deposit. Right now, we are booking out 6-12+ months from the time of deposit to have a puppy born to you. I can sometimes have an early opening if someone on my list cancels or moves their deposit to a future litter.
4. We do not ship our puppies. Our buyers drive or fly in from all over the world to the Minneapolis airport. They visit us at our country home in Mora, Minnesota. We want to meet you! We must meet you in person for transfer of your puppy. Please do not ask us to ship your puppy.
5. All puppies must be picked up at 8 weeks old and paid for when indicated or the next adopter will be contacted. You will be given a pick up date for when your puppy is ready to go home. We do not hold puppies past the go-home date unless discussed well in advance. We feel it's important for them to train and bond with you during their early months. If there is an emergency on your end and we agree to hold your puppy for a few extra days, you'll be charged a boarding fee of $70 per day.
6. Our White Lab puppies are sold on limited AKC registration as pets. There are no breeding or showing rights with the puppy that you purchase from us. Limited registration means that you will not be able to show in the AKC conformation ring or register the offspring with AKC. Our puppies are sold as PETS ONLY. I don't respond to inquiries about full registration with breeding rights.
7. We don't guarantee coat color or pigment (nose/eye rim) coloring. We do refer to our Labs as "White Labs" but they are in fact "YELLOW" Labs with a very light coat color. Our Labs are mostly born very light (white) but at times we have some ivory or champagne puppies too. You can opt out of getting your puppy if you feel the color is not what you want. We don't guarantee that your puppy will stay white for his/her entire life. Seasons and age can sometimes play a part in the coat darkening or nose lightening, not always, but it can be a factor.
8. Every puppy comes with a 1 year health guarantee, shot record and bill of sale. Our extended health guarantee is optional. The 4 yr extended guarantee for hips/elbows & 2 years eyes requires the puppy be fed LIfe's Abundance Large Breed puppy food (at least the amount of one large bag per month/purchased from us) for the entire 4 years and to not have been under or overfed. Also, your puppy must be well cared for during it's life, never been bred, transferred ownership or sustained injuries. Both adopter and breeder must sign the 4 year for it to become active. Without the signed agreement or consistent purchase of LA food you get a general 1 yr guarantee.
9. We take personal checks, cash or Zelle only. We don't take personal checks for final payment on the day of go home. We accept Zelle & personal check payments for deposit. Due to internet scams, we cannot take cashier checks, e-checks, money orders, bank issued checks, wire transfers, etc... The balance for your puppy is due before 3 weeks of age if paying by personal check or by Zelle. Otherwise, we can accept cash at the time of go home. If you have questions about final payment or how to place a deposit please contact us. When sending a personal check by mail we ask that you send it to our PO box only and by overnight service with delivery conf. It must arrive by the time your puppy is 3 weeks old.
10. We understand that at times major moves, changes or crisis may take place in people lives. We offer our adopters support in the homing, placement of the puppy/dog if a crisis or need arises. Do NOT surrender your dog to a shelter for any reason.
11. We don't guarantee that dew claws will be removed or not grow back. We do not remove the dew claws on every litter. One set of shots and 3 dewormings are done before the puppies go home at 8 weeks old.
12. I retain first picks for male & female on all litters. Pick of the litter male and female are reserved for the breeder or often go to service and therapy dogs homes and do not count in the puppy pick selection for adopters. At times I will also keep other breeders picks, for instance 2nd pick male and female as well. There are times the breeders picks may become available. The price is more for a pick of the litter or breeders pick.
13. We are no longer doing deliveries to the airport as of 7/4/22. We'd love to have you come to our home for pick up of your puppy.
14. We will hold the price we quoted you for 12 months from the time of deposit. After that the price is subject to change.
15. MN sales tax does apply.
16. We don't guarantee your puppy will become a service dog, therapy dog or gain a title of any kind. Many of our dogs have gone on to be service or therapy dogs. The training for this is in the hands of the adopter.
17. Wait to book your flight until we give you the "go ahead". Make sure to book with an airline that allows an 8 week old puppy. Take your puppy home with you as "carry on", not cargo. Always book a refundable flight.
18. We don't do 3rd party adoptions. We must meet you in person for pick up of your puppy. We care about the wellbeing of our puppies and want to know they are safe in the adopters arms and not a pet transport service.
19. Loyal Labradors reserves the right to cancel a sale at any time for any reason. These are live animals to be placed with GREAT care and consideration.
20. Please don't bring other dogs or animals with you when you come to pick up your puppy. This is for the health and safety of our dogs and puppies.